Thursday, May 3, 2012

Allergies!


Every year when spring arrives…..so do my allergies!  My allergies are so annoying!  I have to take a lot of medicine; pills, eye drops and nasal spray.  Some of the medicine and the allergies themselves make me very fatigued.  My allergies cause me to have a runny nose, sneezing, itchy eyes and throat, and cause a lot of stuffiness in my head.  Usually in the spring I cannot wear my contact lenses because my eyes are so itchy.  So I have to wear my glasses.  Every spring I get sick as a result of my allergies.  I get sinus infections and conjunctivitis.  It is a good thing my allergies are only at their worst for a few weeks.  It would go crazy if it was any longer!



Vocabulary:

Allergies: reaction the body has to certain things in the air

Nasal spray: spray that is shot up the nose to clear a stuffy nose

Fatigued: tired

Sinus infection: germs in your sinuses that causes an infection that causes a stuffy head and nose

Conjunctivitis: pink eye: an infection in the eyes that is itchy and makes your eyes puffy and red



Definitions: write the correct vocabulary word on the line

  1. causes puffy, red and itchy eyes _______________________
  2. shoots up your nose to clear stuffiness _________________________
  3. germs that make you feel stuffy in your head and nose ___________________
  4. to be very tired __________________________
  5. things in the air cause your body to have _______________________



Grammar: Past tense verbs.  Find five verbs in the story and write the past tense for each one.  For example: the past tense of are is were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment