Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Best Experience of My Life


            One of the best experiences of my life to date would have to be when my husband proposed and we got engaged.  The proposal was a complete shock to me; we had been dating for about nine years at the time and because of that I always thought I would know when the engagement was coming.  I am so glad I was wrong.

            It was the perfect day.  We were away on vacation in Sedona, Arizona.  The day he proposed we were on a day trip to the Grand Canyon.  At the end of a very long and tiring day we found the perfect rock to sit on and watch the sunset on the rim of the canyon.  I was tired and cranky and could not wait to go back to the hotel which was hours away.  I was leaning on my husband and suddenly he moved and was fiddling in our bag, and said, I have to ask you something.  Before I knew it he was down on one knee and asked if I would marry him.  And, after crying as my first reaction, I said yes!

            The second best part of that day was calling home to tell everyone the news.  I will never forget the reaction at my parent’s house.  I was on speaker phone and I got to tell everyone at the same time.  It was a very emotional and exciting moment for everyone.  On May 31, 2006 a wonderful memory was created, one that I will always remember like it was yesterday.  It was perfect and the best part was that I was completely shocked.



Vocabulary:

Proposed: to ask someone to marry you

Engaged: the time before you are married

Shock: to be very surprised

Rim: the edge of the Grand Canyon

Emotional: to have feeling of happiness and excitement and sometimes sadness all at the same time

Vocabulary Activity:

1. Emotional                                         a. to ask someone to marry you
2. Rim                                                   b.the time before you are married
3. Engaged                                            c. to be very surprise
4. Proposed                                           d. the edge of the Grand Canyon   
5. Shock                                                 e. to have feelings of happy, sad, excited
                                                
                                                

                                       


Grammar: a noun is a person, place, thing or idea.  Circle the nouns in the story above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment